Joel has write up on his switch to firebird. Firebird really kicks some butt!
- Tabbed browsing!
- easy cookie & password management.
- google integration
- as joel said, support for IE control characters. (There is a small enhancement needed, can they use trim function to remove extra spaces when one does control on the address bar)
However here are some reasons why I still have to use IE 😦
- When I want to do something quick. The startup times for IE are still better
- If firebird is running for a long time and you get back to it after meddling with other applications, it takes times to wake up (Waky! Waky! 🙂 )
- Some sites dont like Mozilla browsers, they need to have the functionality to spoof sites (like konquerer)
- Posting to my blog (use the DHTML editor) till roller supports the RTE
They should come up with a nice name!